- The Myth of the Untroubled Therapist.
- Telling Time: A Novel (The Karnac Library).
- Adams M. (2012) Placing Ourselves in Context: Research as a Personal Narrative. In: Bager-Charlson S (ed) Personal Development in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Exeter: Learning Matters.
- Adams, M. (2008). Abandonment: Enactments from the Patient’s Sadism and the Therapist’s Collusion. The Past in the Present: Therapy Enactment and the Return of Trauma. D. Mann and V. Cunningham. London, Routledge.
- Adams, M. (2001). Humour in the Psychotherapeutic Relationship – Not to be Trifled With. Counselling, The CACP Counselling Reader. London, Sage: 437-441.
- Adams, M. (2000). “Humour in the Psychotherapeutic Relationship – Not to be Trifled With.” Counselling, Journal of the British Association for Counselling 11(3): 159-161.
- Adams M. (in-press) On Being Human. Therapy Today.